This documentation is also available as a PDF for saving/printing: Download PDF
Installing StatCrew and StatBroadcast Broadcastr
Downloading and Installing the Broadcastr app
- Update your StatCrew software to this year's latest version
StatCrew Software automatically disables its ability to generate live stats XML files on July 31 and you will receive a 'License Expired' message on trying to start an event.
- Download and install StatBroadcast Broadcastr
Download link requires log in: Software Downloads.
**Note: You will need Administrator Access to your computer to install this software. If you are receiving errors overwriting files, you may need your Campus IT staff to temporarily unlock your computer.**
We recommend updating your StatCrew installation before setting up Broadcastr. Installing a StatCrew update for a sport will erase your 'Live Setup' settings and require Broadcastr to go through the configuration process again.
In order to run live stats on any XML-based platform (including StatBroadcast, Sidearm,
Presto, etc.), you will need to purchase and install the current year update to your StatCrew software from http://www.statcrew.com.
Please note: StatBroadcast is not affiliated with StatCrew software.
Mac Parallels and Windows 7 64 XP Virtual Machine Users -- Click here for important note
.NET 3.5 is not included by default in the Windows Virtual Machine Image. You will need this update (available below), and possibly the Microsoft Installer, to run Broadcastr:
Installation of this additional update may required to install .NET 3.5 on older versions of Windows XP:
Setting Up your StatCrew Computer with StatBroadcast
Initial Sport Setup
do this the first time you install a StatCrew update for each sport on each scoring computer:
- Launch the Broadcastr app.
You will be prompted to select your version of StatCrew. Select 'YES' to indicate you are using StatCrew Legacy. If prompted to load a new event, select 'No'.
- Press the the dark gray button labeled 'Configure StatCrew.' (on the right side).
This function will attempt to configure your StatCrew settings and create a folder for XML Select your corresponding StatCrew sport.
- Press OK once you received the 'Configured successfully' message.
Game day Setup
do this before every game (make sure to follow all six steps):
- Open up StatCrew Game Reports and select your game.
- From the Live menu, choose Live Setup and in the popup window, check the box next to Activate and press OK.
- From the Live menu, select 'Send stats files'.
- Launch StatBroadcast Broadcastr and press 'Yes' when asked to load a new event.
- Login, select your event from the list and press 'Load Configuration'.
If your event is not present, you can add it by logging into the Admin Control Panel: Login
- Press the green button labeled 'Start Transmitting'
- Score your game in StatCrew
Previous game's live stats are showing
Try each of these steps to resolve
- Exit StatCrew Game Reports and reopen. Be sure to re-check Activate in Live Setup
- In Game Reports, change the 'XML filename' on the right; add or increase a number after the current name (ex. event -> event1)
- In Game Reports, make sure Auto-copy files is checked and a location is set in Target Directory
- Make sure the Target Directory set in Game Reports exists on your computer.
- In Broadcastr Advanced Settings -> Transmission Settings, make sure the location of the XML file to transmit matches the following settings in Live Setup: 'XML output - Target Directory' + 'XML filename' + .xml
'XML file could not be found'
If an event has not yet started or the destination folder does not exist, StatCrew will not generate an initial XML file to send via FTP.
- Ensure that the 'target directory' specified in Game Reports - Live Setup - Copy File Settings exists on your computer.
Do this opening 'My Computer', looking on the drive you specified (i.e. C:) and looking for the folder (i.e. xml). If the folder does not exist or was not automatically created by Broadcastr, go the file menu and create a new folder.
- Create a pre-game XML file from Stat Crew.
In Game Reports, go to the Live menu and select 'Send Stats Files'.
Note: In TAS Baseball, activating a live stats feed before entering starting lineups for both teams will cause Game Reports to crash.
'No Internet connection available'
If your Broadcastr is able to connect and load an event configuration, but then fails to connect to the FTP servers (showing the error 'An internet connection is not available'), your network may be blocking FTP access.
To switch Broadcastr into HTTP mode:
- Press the Advanced Settings button
- Check the box next to 'Enable HTTP Mode for Transmissions'
- Press Save and try transmitting again.